Commercial Management Services
- Commercial management of tonnage
- Stewardship of all daily operations
- Advise on all operational safety and regulatory requirements
- Negotiation of port costs
- Complete bunker management services. Meticulous planning around the timing and location of bunker procurement
- Precise Demurrage calculations
- High collection rates
- Monthly updates of outstanding demurrage
- Cash flow analysis
- Time charter equivalent reporting
- Full voyage reconciliation
We work closely with our clients to evaluate their preferred deployment strategy and long term objectives, before formulating a bespoke chartering policy that is a “best-fit” for their needs. We are independent, impartial and transparent in all of our dealings with clients and remain committed to providing unparalleled advice based on extensive fundamental analysis and deep sector know how.
Some indicative deployment strategies implemented by our clients in the past include:
- Spot Trading: Higher risk strategy with the potential to generate superior returns. Vessels are fixed on a cargo-by-cargo basis with a diverse range of charterers. Spot trading can either be undertaken by DCC Maritime or by a 3rd party spot operator.
- Pool Participation: The vessel will operate as part of a fleet of similar vessel types on a spot basis. Individual vessel earnings are averaged across the pool, thus providing some downside protection in adverse market conditions. We will research and recommend a pool that best complements the client’s profile and vessel specification.
- Time Charter: The vessel is chartered to an established counter-party for a set period of time at an agreed daily rate. We can negotiate various structures around this employment (straight Time Charter, Base Rate with Profit Split) and find the optimum formation that is acceptable to the client.